Thursday, August 25, 2005

Cheers

The plan I hatched to become a misanthrope and live out the rest of my life in solitude amongst the rustling bamboos  and croaking tree frogs derailed when I found myself having such a great time catching up with old friends.  It is hard to maintain the stance of a cranky curmudgeon when you can't stop smiling and your night is full of jameson shots music and beats; everywhere you turn there are people you've known for years, and there is so much to toast to - its all high fives and bumpy knuckles left and right.  It is even harder when you are doing this in high heels dancing around and wearing a scandalous terry cloth jumpsuit.  Renouncing humanity is not as easy as it sounds when  the people that you know are so much fun.  So it appears that I have a few more years before becoming anything that resembles a grumpy old jerk.  Salud! to the good friends that I saw on my birthday, and to my cousin for making it happen.  I've been lucky to know and be close to some of the most soulful people on the planet during these 26 years, and its because of all this time we've spent out there in this city seeking out good music and dancing.

No comments: